07 March 2011

Hello World!

My name is Stella and I love to travel. And whenever I do, I always send postcards.

I live to travel. I am in the ceaseless pursuit of international citizenship. My definition of international citizenship is the ability to find a home and a sense of belonging wherever you go. I have been to thirty (if you count the Vatican) countries in Asia, North America, South America, and Europe.

My dream is to spend at least one month in India. I want to go and eat the food and see the sights, but more than anything, I want to experience it the way the natives do. Well, that's really the way I want all of my experiences to be like.

I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Languages & Literatures. I studied Spanish, French, and Chinese. Studying languages has only intensified my love of travel. I will forever consider myself a language student no matter how fluent I become. I love linguistics! It's the scientific study of languages. I'm constantly analysing language and the variations in dialect and accent in the same language amaze me.

I was born in Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines and I've moved around since then. My permanent home is in Canada although I also consider Trindad & Tobago and The Philippines my home too.

This blog is to share information on my number one interest, travel, as well as the others that I have; food photography, books, water related activities (ex/ swimming and scuba diving) etc...

Enjoy!

Wish you were here!