07 April 2011

Attention Canadians!

Monday 2 May 2011 is Voting Day!


If you are eligible to vote in Canada then please do so! It is your civic duty to cast an educated vote. Take the time to familiarize yourself with each party and their platform. The Globe and Mail has made this easy by organizing the key issues (ex. health, the economy, education, etc..) and each party's stance. Compare The Party Platforms

If you don't receive your Voter Information Card by Friday 15 April 2011, then you should contact your local returning officer or Elections Canada at 1-800-INFO-VOTE (1-800-463-6868).

For more information, visit Elections Canada.

Even if you disagree with every single candidate running, there is still something you can do about it. It's called spoiling your vote/ballot. You can do this a number of ways.

  1. Choosing all candidates.
  2. Choosing none of the candidates.
  3. Signing your name on it.
  4. Writing "this ballot is spoiled" across it. (My dad's favourite.)
  5. Or all of the above. 
Since I'm here in the Philippines I'm going to have to vote by special ballot. I myself am still undecided on who deserves my vote but I'm weighing my options. 

Every vote counts so make sure to register and mark it in your calendar! 
2 May 2011

Wish you were here!