13 April 2011

My 31st Country - Thailand!

Yesterday, I booked my and my cousin's flight to Thailand! I'm so excited! This will be my 31st country.

Since I'm in the Philippines and it's so close to numerous exotic and interesting countries, I knew that I wanted to visit one of them. Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, and China were the top contenders but in the end, Thailand came out on top.

Yesterday, Cebu Pacific was having a sale on flights to Bangkok (BKK). How could I pass up a discount of over 50% off? I bought two tickets departing Clark (CRK) to Bangkok. I chose to depart from Clark, two hours north of Manila, instead of Manila because the price difference was really significant. The roundtrip flight with all taxes included cost 7675 PHP (181 CAD) per person. Not bad, eh? (That's right, I said "eh"!)

The next plan of action will be to figure out how to get to Clark Airport from Manila and deciding what we want to do once we get to Bangkok. We'll be there for one week in early June.

Cebu Pacific has a newsletter that everyone in the Philippines should subscribe to. Often times, their sales last for just the day and then it's over! So if you're interested in travel within the Philippines and/or Asia, subscribe to their Seat Sale Alert!

Bangkok has a lot to offer so I think we should stay in the area for the full week to experience as much of it as possible. But if you think there's somewhere else I need to check out, then let me know!  Tell me all about your favourite places and activities. Tell me about your least favourites too!

Wish you were here!